Environmental data analysis
This course aims at introducing an efficient set of tools and methods for analysing ecological data. Covered topics:
- Introduction to data analysis with R
- Principles of reproducible research and implementation with R
- Pipelines for environmental data analysis from obtaining data via cleaning and transforming to modelling and visualization with modern R
- Data retrieval from different storage types for climate, proxy, phenology, and other data (text-based, netCDF, data bases)
- Modeling and visualization as complementary strategies for hypothesis-driven data analysis
After this course, students are able to efficiently analyze environmental data sets, including download and import of data sets and visualization and modelling with R.