Welcome to the Professorship for "Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions"
Dealing with the impact of global environmental change is the great challenge of the 21st century. Terrestrial ecosystems play an important role by storing large amounts of carbon thereby mitigating climate change. Developing a sound understanding of the functioning of ecosystem processes which are essential for interactions with the atmosphere is the goal of the professorship for “Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions”.
Our methodological approach includes a combination of observational data and models and ranges from the calculation of simple statistical models to the development of complex process-based models from local, regional to global scale.
A report on climate change and the accumulation of associated drought casting the Forest Condition Monitor was broadcasted on ZDF. Watch it...
HyBBEx and the Forest Condition Monitor are in Ländlicher Raum. The article deals with the current state and the future of german forests, also with regard to the leading tree species spruce. The forest shows clear signs of...
Katrin Fleischer and her research are portrayed in Ländlicher Raum with regard to the decreasing CO2 storage capacity of tropical forests.
- Amazon-FACE: Free Air CO2 Enrichment Experiment in the Amazon Basin
- BLIZ: Interactions between society, land use, ecosystem services and biodiversity in Bavaria until 2100
- CLIMAX: Climate Services Through Knowledge Co-Production
- FORMASAM: Future forest management scenarios for adaptation and mitigation
- FOREXCLIM: Forests and extreme weather events: Solutions for risk resilient management in a changing climate
- HyBBEx: Hysteresis effects in Bavarian beech forest ecosystems through climate extremes
- IRTG 1740: Dynamic phenomena in complex networks: fundamentals and applications
- PhosForest: Constraining phosphorus feedbacks on the functioning of the Amazon rainforest
- Helmholtz-Alliance "Remote Sensing and Earth System Dynamics"
- International Research Training Group "Dynamical Phenomena in Complex Networks: Fundamentals and Applications"
- Development of LPJmL and LPJ-GUESS
- Climate Change in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Advanced Strategies for Ecological Data Analysis (Graduate Schools)
- "Environmental monitoring and data analysis" in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Effects of forest fires and bark beetle attacks on forest dynamics: Development and applications of simple simulation models
- Entwicklung und Anwendung ökologischer Simulationsmodelle (MSc)
- Environmental Data Analysis (MSc)
- Einführung in die Modellierung (BSc)