Welcome to the Professorship for "Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions"
Dealing with the impact of global environmental change is the great challenge of the 21st century. Terrestrial ecosystems play an important role by storing large amounts of carbon thereby mitigating climate change. Developing a sound understanding of the functioning of ecosystem processes which are essential for interactions with the atmosphere is the goal of the professorship for “Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions”.
Our methodological approach includes a combination of observational data and models and ranges from the calculation of simple statistical models to the development of complex process-based models from local, regional to global scale.
Anja Rammig speaks about the future of forests in the context of climate change on Bayern 2. Listen to the full show.
Allan Buras and the Forest Condition Monitor are in the TAZ newspaper! Allan Buras stresses the importance to fight the climate crisis and regarding forest conversion to focus on a broadly diversified tree species portfolio.
Our PhD candidate Ben Meyer has been awarded with the mayor's prize for an outstanding MSc thesis. Ben wrote his thesis about susceptibility of beech to drought in our group. You can watch the appreciation of the mayor of...
- Amazon-FACE: Free Air CO2 Enrichment Experiment in the Amazon Basin
- BLIZ: Interactions between society, land use, ecosystem services and biodiversity in Bavaria until 2100
- CLIMAX: Climate Services Through Knowledge Co-Production
- FORMASAM: Future forest management scenarios for adaptation and mitigation
- FOREXCLIM: Forests and extreme weather events: Solutions for risk resilient management in a changing climate
- HyBBEx: Hysteresis effects in Bavarian beech forest ecosystems through climate extremes
- IRTG 1740: Dynamic phenomena in complex networks: fundamentals and applications
- PhosForest: Constraining phosphorus feedbacks on the functioning of the Amazon rainforest
- Helmholtz-Alliance "Remote Sensing and Earth System Dynamics"
- International Research Training Group "Dynamical Phenomena in Complex Networks: Fundamentals and Applications"
- Development of LPJmL and LPJ-GUESS
- Climate Change in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Advanced Strategies for Ecological Data Analysis (Graduate Schools)
- "Environmental monitoring and data analysis" in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Effects of forest fires and bark beetle attacks on forest dynamics: Development and applications of simple simulation models
- Entwicklung und Anwendung ökologischer Simulationsmodelle (MSc)
- Environmental Data Analysis (MSc)
- Einführung in die Modellierung (BSc)